BOTOX Cosmetic for Hyperhidrosis
Individuals 18 and older who suffer from axillary hyperhidrosis, also known as severe underarm sweating, may achieve relief with BOTOX. Sweating is a normal body function that can effectively regulate the body’s temperature. However, people who have axillary hyperhidrosis have overactive sweat glands that continue to produce sweat even after the body has been cooled. When antiperspirants fail, BOTOX injections may reduce the volume of underarm sweat for up to two years.
What are the signs of Hyperhidrosis?
- Excessive sweating through clothing
- Inability to control sweat with products like antiperspirants
- Uncontrollable sweating not only in the armpits but also on the other parts of the body like your hands and feet
Benefits of BOTOX for Hyperhidrosis
- Some of the benefits of BOTOX for hyperhidrosis is that you can quickly see the results after the procedure.
- You don’t need to worry about pain as BOTOX for hyperhidrosis is a non-invasive procedure and does not need any physical surgery.
- It is one of the safest procedures in the cosmetic industry, thus most patients don’t need any downtime after the procedure.
- You will have your self-confidence back and restored as you don’t have to worry of excessive sweating which is quite embarrassing especially in public places.
If you’re interested in feeling the benefits of BOTOX for hyperhidrosis but aren’t sure of about the procedure, you may contact Steele Creek Dermatology, our professional dermatologists who are experts in treating conditions like hyperhidrosis and will be happy to assist you with your concerns. They may encourage you to ask questions so you will have a peace of mind throughout the process.
Contact us today to schedule your consultation appointment! We look forward to hearing from you!