Obagi Medical Products is a pharmaceutical company specializing in skin care products. Because their products are highly effective, Steele Creek Dermatology is excited to offer Obagi products to our patients.
As a person ages and increases their exposure to the sun, they often develop age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, redness, discoloration, and a loss of elasticity in their skin. The Nu-Derm System is designed to slow the aging process of skin by enabling skin cells to appear and behave healthier and younger.
There are two Nu-Derm Systems – one for normal to oily skin and one for normal to dry skin – both of which are carried by Steele Creek Dermatology. The following products may be included in your skin regimen, depending on which system is right for you:
- Cleanser – The cleanser removes makeup and daily grime to freshen and clean your complexion.
- Toner – Nu-Derm Toner changes your skin’s pH in order to maximize the effectiveness of Obagi products.
- Clear – The Clear product contains prescription-strength hydroquinone that reduces the appearance of age and sunspots. A prescription is required.
- Exfoderm – This is a lightweight lotion that removes old skin cells and encourages the growth of new skin cells by exfoliating the top layer of the skin.
- Blender – The Nu-Derm Blender gradually lightens sunspots, age spots, and other types of discoloration. A prescription is required.
- Sunshield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50 – This sheer, fragrance-free, and PABA-free sunscreen provides both UVA and UVB protection in a matte finish.
ELASTIderm eye products improve the elasticity around the eyes and minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles using malonic acid and a bi-mineral complex. ELASTIderm is available in cream and gel form.
- Tretinoin Cream .05% – Tretinoin Cream is a topical cream that is part of the Nu-Derm System and that can be used in the treatment of acne.
- Obagi Blue Peel – Chemical peels can be used to improve skin on the face, neck, or hands that has an uneven tone or that has become wrinkled, spotted, or scarred due to sun exposure, acne, or growing older. Liver spots, rough skin, and scaly patches may also be improved with chemical peels. A chemical peel involves using a chemical solution to remove damaged outer layers of skin. Obagi Blue Peels use trichloroacetic acid mixed with a unique Obagi blue base to reveal beautiful skin. Obagi also produces Blue Peel RADIANCE, a salicylic acid-based chemical peel that exfoliates skin and provides instant, radiant results for most skin types. Though skin appearance improves after just one use, for best results Blue Peel RADIANCE should be applied four to six times.