LATISSE is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis, the inability to grow enough or adequate lashes. It should be applied nightly after removing makeup and contacts and after sterilizing the upper eyelid. Using the sterile applicator provided with LATISSE, users should apply the medication to the base of the eyelashes on the upper lid. Longer, fuller, and darker eyelashes will be fully visible after 16 weeks of treatment.
The results of LATISSE are not permanent, so treatment must continue even after 16 weeks.
Obagi Medical Products is a pharmaceutical company specializing in skin care products. Because their products are highly effective, Steele Creek Dermatology is excited to offer Obagi products to our patients.
As a person ages and increases their exposure to the sun, they often develop age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, redness, discoloration, and a loss of elasticity in their skin. The Nu-Derm System is designed to slow the aging process of skin by enabling skin cells to appear and behave healthier and younger.
There are two Nu-Derm Systems – one for normal to oily skin and one for normal to dry skin – both of which are carried by Steele Creek Dermatology. The following products may be included in your skin regimen, depending on which system is right for you:
- Cleanser – The cleanser removes makeup and daily grime to freshen and clean your complexion.
- Toner – Nu-Derm Toner changes your skin’s pH in order to maximize the effectiveness of Obagi products.
- Clear – The Clear product contains prescription-strength hydroquinone that reduces the appearance of age and sunspots. A prescription is required.
- Exfoderm – This is a lightweight lotion that removes old skin cells and encourages the growth of new skin cells by exfoliating the top layer of the skin.
- Blender – The Nu-Derm Blender gradually lightens sunspots, age spots, and other types of discoloration. A prescription is required.
Sunshield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50
This sheer, fragrance-free, and PABA-free sunscreen provides both UVA and UVB protection in a matte finish.
ELASTIderm eye products improve the elasticity around the eyes and minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles using malonic acid and a bi-mineral complex. ELASTIderm is available in cream and gel form.
Tretinoin Cream .05%
Tretinoin Cream is a topical cream that is part of the Nu-Derm System and that can be used in the treatment of acne.
EltaMD sunscreens help prevent sunburn and decrease the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun, when used with other sun protection measures. EltaMD sunscreens are formulated with transparent zinc oxide and are noncomedogenic, sensitivity-free, fragrance-free and paraben-free.
Revision Skincare is pleased to announce the latest addition to their anti-aging collection: D.E.J face cream™. This comprehensive face cream takes a new approach to aging skin using the most advanced technology.
Formulated with the highest quality of extracts, peptides and antioxidants, NEW D.E.J face cream™ helps to improve the overall appearance of the face. In a 12 week clinical study, 97% of clinical study participants showed an improvement in smoothness, brightness and wrinkles. *Data on file. Results may vary.
D.E.J face cream™ contains highly effective ingredients to address the signs of aging:
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide 38 & Acetyl-Tetrapeptide-2 reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Methyl Glucoside Phosphate Proline Lysine Copper Complex firms and energizes the skin.
- Astragalus Herb provides a hydrating boost for a soft, moisturized complexion.
D.E.J face cream™ also contains powerful antioxidants, including THD Ascorbate, Vitamin E and Goji Fruit Extract to help smooth skin. Rosemary Extract, Ursolic Acid and a special form of Sunflower Seed Oil provide intense moisturization for a flawless skin texture.
Ideal for all ages and skin types, especially those with mature and dry complexions.
D·E·J eye cream™ provides intense moisturization for smoother skin texture. Advanced extracts, peptides and potent antioxidants work cohesively to create clinically-proven results.
- 96% of subjects experienced an improvement in the look of fine lines, firmness and overall photodamage*
- 90% of subjects experienced an improvement in upper eyelid appearance*
- 96% of subjects experienced an improvement in skin elasticity*
SkinCeuticals provides advanced skincare products that are developed based on decades of skin cancer research and scientific study. Steele Creek Dermatology offers patients a number of SkinCeuticals products that help correct the signs of aging and prevent future skin damage.
SkinCeuticals sunscreens are broad spectrum, meaning they protect against both UVA and UVB rays, and contain zinc oxide to provide ultimate protection. Steele Creek Dermatology carries options for different skin types and lifestyles so that patients can select the product that best protects them from photo aging and skin cancer.
Sport UV Defense SPF 50 Sunscreen – A broad spectrum UVA and UVB sunscreen especially formulated for those participating in extreme sports. Marathon runner tested.
Physical SPF 30 Sunscreen – This sunscreen is an all-mineral cream recommended for post-procedure use.
Daily SPF 20 Sunscreen – This sunscreen moisturizes and can be used daily to keep your skin protected each time you are exposed to UVA and UVB rays.
Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 – This sunscreen is transparent and feels weightless.
Antioxidants can be used to neutralize unstable molecules called free radicals that form after exposure to UV rays, pollution, and infrared radiation that cause skin to age prematurely. Additionally, antioxidants have been shown to stimulate the production of collagen, a protein that maintains skin strength and elasticity. The combined effects of neutralizing free radicals and increasing collagen production are a reduction in the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation, as well as improved skin laxity. The two antioxidant products carried by Steele Creek Dermatology are:
- Phloretin CF – treatment of aging, acne, and hyperpigmentation for normal or oily skin
- VitaminC/E/Ferulic – treatment of aging, hyperpigmentation, dehydration, over-sensitivity for normal, dry, and sensitive skin
Hydrating B5 Gel
Hydrating B5 Gel is a moisturizer that nourishes, protects, and exfoliates skin as it hydrates and restores elasticity. Hydrating B5 Gel can be used on normal, oily, dry, combination, or sensitive skin types to help with aging, acne, dehydration, and sensitivity.